Construction of a Direct Reduction Plant
Flagship project: How the Insite LMS cloud solution is used for efficient project logistics, global collaboration, real-time info & straightforward reporting.
Insite LMS: Project Quality Boost
- Customer: Austrian technology and industrial goods group
- City / Country: USA
- Project type: Construction of a HBI plant
- Project status: Completed
- Completion: 2016
- Construction time: 2,5 years
Global Collaboration & Real-time Information
The logistics for a large project such as the construction of a direct reduction plant (HBI, Hot Briquetted Iron) are complex.
In this project, the customer and suppliers use the cloud solution Insite LMS to optimise project management. Insite LMS was tailor-made for logistics, material and site management in plant construction.
- Around 30,000 tons of individual parts were managed via the software.
- Up to ten companies were involved in delivery and assembly.
- The error rate in the project was significantly reduced.
- Project quality was significantly increased.
Use of Insite LMS
- materials management
- defect management
- progress assessment
- flexible coordination of materials flow
- holistic real-time information for stakeholders
- optimised planning - real-time data