- Best Practice
4 Reasons Why Construction Software Outperforms ERP Systems on Site
At a Glance
- ERP systems do not adequately meet the needs of construction sites.
- In particular, in terms of practicality, flexibility and usability, ERPs may have deficiencies on the construction site.
- Special construction software excels in the areas of cost, control and flexibility.
4 Reasons for Using Construction Software on Site
Managing construction sites with specialized software instead of via ERP only often saves time and reduces one's worries. Why?
1. Practical Suitability
Special software designed specifically for industrial plant construction projects specifically addresses the needs of construction sites. It is easy to use and understand, allowing new users to start using it immediately. Users on the construction site prefer this kind of solution and only solutions that are actually used can truly support projects.
- fast integration of external partners
With a field-proven platform for industrial construction, you can manage logistics, materials and site management for all projects worldwide along the entire supply chain - and track materials from production to assembly.
2. Real-time information and easy collaboration
Insite LMS is a platform that serves as a "Single Source of Truth" (central source for real-time data) for all users on the construction site and in the back offices, providing a unified view of the projects. The teams use real-time information and work seamlessly together.
3. Low Training and Maintenance Effort
Solutions like Insite LMS support a wide range of use cases. This means that you don't have to implement a separate app for every single use case. This makes users happy and significantly reduces the training and maintenance effort.
4. No more Paper, Excel List and Data Chaos in Projects
Insite LMS eliminates paper, Excel list and data chaos in projects, freeing up time for manual tasks, searching, formatting, etc. In this way, project teams get their valuable time back for what is important to them: construction activities.
Platform for Plant Engineering vs. ERP Systems
Characteristics of plant engineering projects
Each plant engineering project is unique. Projects are characterized by:
- constantly changing project teams, customers, countries, etc.
- high complexity
- global supply chains - dependence on material availability
- On-site personnel are not IT specialists and are primarily looking for solutions that are practical.
- "The only standard is that there is no standard."
What are disadvantages of ERP systems for managing industrial construction sites?
ERP-Systems tend to be inflexible, difficult to use in practice, expensive (such as system customization) and resource-intensive (training, maintenance) on construction site. This leads to rejection by users.
What solutions are needed on the construction site?
What users want in their daily lives on the construction site:
- simple app for all use cases
- optimal usability
- highest practicality: covering real use cases
- easy collaboration with subcontractors
Insite LMS: The Solution for Plant Engineering
Are you interested in growing beyond traditional ERP systems for your projects? Let's discuss how Insite LMS can positively support your projects from the start!