Insite LMS is used in 6,000+ projects worldwide.
Defect Management via App Saves Time
1. Convenient: Digital Documentation via App
- document defects via app
- attach photos, notes, text-to-speech, etc.
- record NCRs, problems, processes and deviations centrally and under legal certainty
In less than a minute, capture all relevant information of a deviation via your smartphone using the proven Insite LMS app. Add documents such as photos, comments, attachments, cross-references, descriptions and assign responsibilities. This can be done anywhere you want, e.g. directly on the construction site via your cell phone. This way, you won't waste time searching, assembling, formatting, and filing information on loose slips of paper and photos on digital cameras or smartphones.
2. At the Push of a Button: Progress Tracking & Intelligent Reports
- monitor construction progress and costs in real time
- use pre-filled reports, emails and claims at the push of a button
- data is stored securely in the cloud
All procedures are centrally stored and handled in Insite LMS, the proven cloud solution for industrial construction sites. In so doing, site managers and project managers can access and use all relevant information in real time. This includes managing claims, monitoring progress, generating NCRs and creating intelligent reports (such as daily and weekly Logs), assigning tasks in distributed teams, and defining deadlines and responsibilities.
3. Efficient: Deviation and Cost handling
- Real-time monitoring (e.g. cost of solution)
- Dashboards - informed decisions
- Digital signatures
Monitor efforts & costs associated with deviations and link defects to corresponding orders, deliveries and packages.
What is the advantage of Insite LMS when creating construction diaries?
|Manage deviations without a digital solution||Manage deviations digitally via Insite LMS app|
|Effort||time-consuming: Reviewing, merging, formatting, distributing, and filing information.
multiple sources e.g. loose notes, folders, digital cameras, smartphones and hard disks
repeated input of data
|only a few clicks necessary
capture all information via app directly at the construction site (e.g. via cell phone)
generate reports via pre-filled templates
central cloud storage
reuse of data
|Transparency & Security||traceability and security fluctuating
information on paper
data transfer from slips of paper into e.g. Excel is error-prone and time-consuming
manage tasks and deadlines digitally
generation of reports from data stored centrally in the system
central, secure and traceable data storage in the cloud
traceable documentation of defects via images, annotations, notes, attachments, links
|Information flow||No continuous digital process (end to end): Providing information is time consuming
Risks: lack of transparency, error-prone, repeated data entry, media disruptions.
Time-delayed communication and heavy use of e-mail
|real-time information at the push of a button
excellent information flow - project team can access information directly in the system in real-time
Why Is Efficient Deviation Management So Important?
Efficient defect management for plant construction and large construction sites is all digital: Insite LMS, the construction site solution for experts.
- adhere to quality standards, schedule and costs
- document & handle of defects, NCRs and co. in a legally compliant way
- generate reports and real-time info at the push of a button
- easy set-up - reliable operation
- user-friendly app
Handling construction deviations and claims is a key responsibility of construction managers and project managers. The handling of defects has a significant influence on the quality, schedule and costs of a construction project. Deviations must be documented in a transparent manner. The correction of defects must be claimed within a defined period of time. Poor deviation management can lead to delays in acceptance, increased project costs and failure to meet construction schedules.
So Why is Digital Defect Recording via App a Good Idea?
Today's large construction sites are increasingly complex and sophisticated. Using a tried-and-tested digital solution for industrial site construction
- minimizes the effort required to capture and further use data,
- makes documenting deviations in a verifiable and clear manner (images, notes, attachments, links) easy
- helps handling deviations efficiently and legally securely
- lets project responsible monitor the status of defects, claims and NCRs in real time.
In the field, Insite LMS has proven to be one of the best choices for digital deviation management. Why? With the app, you can take photos of the deviation directly on your cell phone, easily record all the information about the incident, store all the data centrally, and immediately trigger further steps (assign tasks, set deadlines, etc.). All data is instantly available for use in reports and in the respective defect management processes.
Who is Insite LMS Aimed At?
- Site Managers
- Site Supervisor
- Project managers in industrial plant construction
- Project teams in industrial plan construction
What Is an NCR?
A non-conformance report (NCR) is a part of quality management in construction projects. The report records the deviations during a particular construction step from the underlying specifications. The report provides detailed information about the particular issue, the circumstances of its occurrence, and actions to prevent the issue from occurring in the future.
What Information Is Typically Included in an NCR?
Examples of information contained in an NCR:
- NCR number
- Closed by/at
- Problem description
- Problem documentation
- Steps to fix the problem
- Verification of correction
Digital Site in Action
Download now: White paper with Top interview and 3 Expert Tips
- How to manage 1,000 users and 90 companies
- Senior site manager from ANDRITZ AG in an in-depth interview
- With 3 expert tips for digitizing construction sites
- Best practice: implementing construction site software